How process mining can benefit your business
Every organisation wants to improve and become more efficient. But do you know how it’s working now and what you must do differently to get better? Process mining will tell you. Here’s how you can apply it to your business.
Use process mining to help improve operational performance
Process mining is a way of extracting data to give an accurate picture of how your systems are performing. For example are they using resources efficiently? Where are the problems and how could you overcome these?
You don’t have to be a technical or IT person to use or take advantage of process mining. Its benefits are applicable across numerous functions. The tools help create business cases, monitor metrics like KPIs and support decision making.
A typical cycle could look like this
Process mining is ongoing; it’s not a one-off event. Continuous use helps you monitor the changes made and drive ongoing improvements.
You can apply process mining to multiple situations
The data generated helps make processes better across a wide variety of areas and businesses. The following are just three examples of many use cases.
- Customer service – smooth processes for your customers and make it easier for your team to solve any problems
- Finance – find and eliminate delays in payment processes to cut the number of debtor days and improve working capital
- Retail – improve supply chain flows for better distribution and stock replenishment from warehouse to store or delivery
To help you get started, check out this handy download outlining these and other use cases: Eight use cases for process mining
Automation removes subjectivity
Organisations used to mine processes manually via workshops or simple observations. Automating the data retrieval not only makes it more efficient but ensures you just get the facts.
You might also like
- Get started with process mapping: how to create a basic process map
- How to run a business process review (BPR)
- How to run effective process discovery
Get help with your process mining challenges
- The BusinessOptix platform provides software to create an accurate, objective picture for you
- If you’re looking for a process mining consultant, we can help. As a BusinessOptix premier UK partner, we can advise you on how to integrate its functionality into your business transformation. Contact us to find out how